We are very pleased to announce that this is the one year anniversary of MailShark – it was on 20 May 2014 that we first published the website and announced the service publicly. We started MailShark as the first truly FREE (with no catches) Cloud-based Anti-Spam Anti-Virus Email Filter in the world. Today, just 12 months later, MailShark is stronger than ever and safeguarding mailboxes in over 37 countries in the world. To briefly overview what has been achieved in the last year – we announced ourselves on 20 May 2014
and opened the MailShark doors for sign-ups on the same day.
We published our first MailShark Security News articles
on 3 September 2014
when the Jennifer Lawrence iCloud hack made world wide news. This was followed by a new Website on 19 December 2014
providing improved speed, better news feeds and blogs, enhanced search functions, contact details and various social media aspects to easily share content.
With the new website, we were able to introduce professional MailShark Blogs
starting with the first Year in review
blog post on 2 January 2015 followed by Week in Review
posts introduced 9 January 2015. Global Spam News
hit the stage on 28 February 2015 announcing, in our view, the most important Global security news events. During the past year we’ve also recruited Technical Writers, Web developers, Application Developers, Social Marketers and Support personnel to establish ourselves with major Anti-Spam and Real-Time Block List organisations, including partnerships with banks and other e-commerce vendors.
Some of the highlights have included:
- February 2013: Started MailShark concept and design
- 20 May 2014: MailShark website and service goes on-line, completely free
- Clients in over 37 countries in the world
- Stopped millions of Inbound Spam, Malware, Scams and Phishing emails from hitting Inboxes and leaving customer sites
- MailShark Facebook Page, Linkedin Page, Google+ page, Twitter feed, Pinterest page, RSS feeds
- MailShark news being re-fed, re-tweeted, re-Pinned, shared on Facebook, Google+ and Linkedin
- June 2014: MailShark Helpdesk and Solutions Portal goes on-line
- 1 May 2015: Introduced MailShark Enterprise Silver and MailShark Enterprise Gold options packaging in Hosted Mail, Website hosting, Free Domain Registration and Dropbox for Business
- 1 May 2015: Introduced SharkVault, the Enterprise Email Archiving solution allowing read-only Web based access to long term stored emails
- 5-7 May 2015: MailShark exhibiting at the premier IT exhibition CeBIT 2015 Expo, photos on our Facebook page
- 29 May 2015: Introduced the MailShark Comparison Chart to start to compare competing Anti-Spam solutions on features and price
The last year has been an intense journey with amazing commitment by the MailShark team. We have been so busy we almost missed the anniversary! We would like to take this opportunity to thank the many thousands of Email recipients who have signed up as MailShark clients and trusted the MailShark platform to keep their Email systems safe and secure.
We’re continuing to enhance current services and provide new services shortly, so please encourage your colleagues, business partners, suppliers and clients to look into MailShark and help us help the world Safeguard Global Emails.